Founded in 597, The cathedrel was rebuilt between 1070 to 1077 following a fire in 1174
Just beyond Old Weavers House is a ducking stool as punishment of suspected witches
Sir John Boys House
Is also known as the Crooked House or Old Kings Shop in Canterbury. This 17th century half timbered building is at the end of Palace Street
St Michael's & All Angels Church
In Harbledown Village is just west of Canterbury on the old A2 London to Dover road
This public house is situated in the centre of the village of Chilham, Kent. Next door is the church of St Mary dating back to the 13th century. On the other side of the village square is Chilham Castle.
Half timber framed building that dates back to the 13th Century.
Tenterton is a town in Kent that overlooks the valley of the river Rother. It was a member of the Cinque Ports when the river Rother was navigable to large boats.
Rye was involved with smuggling gangs of the 18th & 19th centries.
Rye was the home of the notorious Hawkhurst gang who used it's inn with connecting passageway to help with their smuggling
The 13th Century Rose Inn public house is in the Village of Wickhambreaux, Kent
Chepstow is a town in Monmouthshire, it borders with the River Wye and Severn. Chepstow Castle dates back to 1067
St Mary Magdalene
The church dates back to 12th century and has a circular church yard in the village of Hewelsfield, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. It serves the parishes of Brockweir, Woolaston & Hewelsfield.
Inside St Mary Magalene Church
The parish of Parkend in the Forest of Dean was founded in 1822. There was plenty of coal making it ideal for an iorn works. That was built in 1799 and part of the building of the iron works can be seen today.
Newnham on Severn. A local water colour artist, Margaret Willis owned this gallery shop in the 1980's
Is a popular destination in the Forest of Dean, staddling the river Wye and on the borders of Herefordshire & Gloucestershire
His family ancestral home was The Hendre, near Monmouth, Wales. This statue of Rolls is outside Monmouth Town Hall
This Edwardian shop front of G.A. Baker & Son the Jewelers. The chiming Clock was built is 1904.
Beatrix Potter's House
The Tailor of Gloucester, the charming house that inspired the stories and used in illustrations of Beatrix Potter
A sleepy village in Cornwall until the tourist season starts.
A Cornwall holiday destination with old buildings dating back to the 13th century. Lot's of narrow quaint streets to explore
St Ives, Cornwall
The city of Chester has are famous Roman fortress dating back to 1st century A.D
The River Dee
Village public house
Long boat holidays on the canels and waterways
Anderton Boat Lift
Is a two caisson lift lock near the village of Anderton. Built in 1875 and used for over 100 years until it closed due to corrosion in 1983. Restoration started in 2001 and the boat lift was reopened in 2002
Stratford on Avon
The birth place of William Shakespeare
Holy Trinity Church
This church in the centre of Stratford is famous for the baptism & burial of William Shakespeare
The Windmill Inn, Stratford on Avon
One Sided Door
Stratford on Avon
Is a coastal village about 5km west-southwest of Newquay.
The Lizard is the most southernly point of the British mainland
Gunwalloe village is situated on the Lizard Peninsula. This church has an entrance from the beach.
Looking out of the entrance of Cove Church and the walkway takes you to the beach.
The old Albion Inn in the village of Crantock, Cornwall
Hospital of Saint Nicholas & John the Baptist was an almshouse and hospice in around 1212. Also, known as the Royal Garrison Church and was bombed in 1941 by a German air raid on Portsmouth.
Inside the Royal Garrison Church.
New Hall Hotel, Birmingham
Fawsley Manor, Daventry, belonged to the Knightley family & dates back to the 15th century, currently a hotel
St Mary's Church
Dating back to early 13th century. In the 16th century Sir Richard Knightley & his wife was entombed in the church.